Saturday, May 3, 2008

Even a stopped watch tells the right time twice a day

I looked at my watch today and realised that it is still broken! It stopped about a month ago and I still have it on my wrist. This is one of my procrastinating moments. I will eventually get it fixed... I just don't know when yet! I've always thought I'd feel naked without a watch, yet it is seemingly pointless that it does not serve its purpose anymore. It only makes me think "I must get the battery changed" a number of times a day. Although I am learning that it won't tell me the time and looking at it less and less. It will soon be purely decorative.

I've had somewhat of a dull week, yet it's been great. Just easing myself into the job. I'm having to adjust my time (without my trusty watch). I'm a bit of a night owl. I can't help but go to bed late and have never been much of a morning person. But here I am, a changed woman. I didn't make many plans this week so I could be fresh faced for the job, so there is not much to report I'm afraid. Other than the company I work for is great, the people are really nice and it is such an exciting and great time to join them for where the company is going. I feel so lucky I got this job, so grateful and so happy. Things are looking up.

Bank holiday weekend coming up... 3 days off and the sunshine will be out. (supposedly!) So the coming week should be more exciting and I'll have more interesting things to report other than a watch that only tells the right time twice a day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're like my brother then lol he wears a watch that, even when it wasn't broken, he'd still check his phone for the time haha

undercover said...

Thank you, I appreciate your comments.
You have a very interesting life.
P.S.-I like the title of today's blog

Anonymous said...

Oh New job! Great! It feels great and terrible together in the first week of a new job, I think.

justchum said...

i've never been much of a watch person, but i definitely know a handful of them. I use the cell phone! 3 days off!nice

Tairebabs said...

I am a total watch person. I love watches. I have at least 10 regular watches. My family say am vain cos I love to match my watch with my outfit. I have a couple of watches that need to have their batteries changed. Haven't had time to change them and so I haven't worn them in awhile. The truth is, I find it most embarrassing when am asked what the time is and I have a dead watch. Thanks to ur blog I now have my answer. I will simply say: oh my watch only tells the right time twice a day. Lol!

Akshay said...

I hardly ever wear a watch, but my sis "needs" to wear it everyday... I know that sometimes there is a delay in getting things fixed..I have had this crack on my car's windscreen for over a month now.....I need to get it changed....I know the insurance will cover it .... but still...life goes on....

Deleted said...

I can definately relate to the procrastinating moments. I do that a lot. I hope you get that battery changed soon.

Congrats on the new job. I love the feeling of starting a new job. That's the one time that you feel happy at work. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate your feedback.

Unknown said...

haha procrastination! yaay! i can defiantly relate to that! glad to know im not the only one :p....i don't wear a watch makes me feel like I'm handcuffed, weird? yes! but that is how i feel :D ...ah good luck with the job ...and never give up on your dreams!

Blog about my yahoo group
Blog of My Dark Poems

Cheers

Unknown said...

and mm can i add your site to my wensite ? thank you