Thursday, May 15, 2008

Crikey...

Has it only been a week and a half? It has flown by. My work load picked up as there is a busy weekend coming up! Busy busy busy! Tired. I'm not going to say much as I'm off to bed soon.

We had just over a week of glorious sunshine here in London, but it turned today! That's probably our summer gone. It lasted longer than the week of sunshine we had last year (in April!) I love it when it's warm and sunny. Everyone is in a good mood and the world just feels good. But back to doom and gloom! That's the one think I hate about this country - weather.

I spent last weekend with a friend who is getting married in July. A rather large do - hindu wedding. Can't wait. Yet jealous (in a nice way). I have been officially single for almost 3 years. I had one 'relationship' in between that lasted over a year, but it turned out to be a waste of time. A story that could be a blog in itself. Maybe for another time. My ex-boyfriend is also a whole blog in itself! He became a born again christian while we were going out! I've been burnt too many times, so there's probably a deeper reason as to why I have been single for so long. I don't trust men. I'm not sure I would know how to think about someone else in my life - it's difficult when you have been on your own for a long time. And London is not an easy place to meet people, much to people's belief. British men are rubbish and I always attract the wrong ones. I have had the odd older man ask me out (and I mean older!) Because I'm of chinese origin, there are certain men who think I am the subservient type like some fellow counterparts. I hate to generalise, but hey, I just have. Anyway, i'm sure my time will come... I hope.

And just of note, I still haven't changed the battery in my watch... and I am still wearing it. In fact, I am considering buying a new watch. Not because I can't be bothered to get a new battery... it is very old. Well, actually - it probably is coz I wouldn't be considering buying a new watch!

I'll be back to normal in a week or two...

9 comments:

Akshay said...

Yeah I agree that "warm and sunny" gets one in a good mood....But unfortunately Delhi gets extremely shit hot (and humid) in summers....

I am no state to even comment on "relationships" ... cheers!!

Tairebabs said...

Am totally not a fan of gloomy weather. I love my sunshine. Sunny weather brigthens up my day. Lucky for me where I live is sunny sunny sunny except in certain seasons (lately) when creepy rain comes around.

Just like Akshay, I don't think I shld talk abt relationships. Been in two in two years. Scary.its tiring starting all over but I guess that's part of life.

Deleted said...

LOL.. I love the fact that you're still wearing that watch. It's hilarious.

As far as not trusting men.. EH. Part of me wants to tell you to open yourself up so you can truly find someone. The other part of me agrees with your reasons for not trusting them. Men and relationships are weird like that. There is never a right answer. I hope in time you will find a good man.

Anonymous said...

Ah the weather here is a problem too! When it's sunny its sunny forever and once it starts raining it just goes on and on and on!

What you said about being chinese, I hate to sound racist but I've noticed it too. The 'certain men' you are talking about are mostly caucasian according to what I observe. It's a stereotype. I don't think it's that easy to do away with..

Tairebabs said...

Hey Secret blogger!

You have been TAGGED!

More details on my blog.

justchum said...

You've been tagged!
blog me for details!

Neethu said...

ha! he became a believr and left?wonder y he dint telya anything about it though....

Sree said...

I'm here first time and the timing isnt so well I guess since you are expecting to be "normal" only in a week.Anyway...the men and trust issue is such an age old tale.When we love someone so deep and we walk away hurt,it sure builds a wall and makes it difficult to trust again.

But not all are the same.Believe.Find.You will.

Akshaya Kamalnath said...

Ya after trusting the wronmg person you wonder at your own ability to trust again.